Posted on 5th Sep 2009 @ 1:11 PM
Courtesy of The Art of Shaving
The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave® guarantee optimal shaving results while relieving and preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn, tough beards, and sensitive skin:
1 PREPARE- To soften the skin & protect the skin
• Always shave after or during a hot shower
• Always use hot water while shaving. Hot water softens the beard, opens the pores and cleanses the skin
• Before shaving, apply The Art of Shaving Pre-shave Oil to protect the skin and to soften the beard.
2 Lather Up!- For a close and comfortable shave
• Use The Art of Shaving glycerin based Shaving Cream for a close and comfortable shave.
• For best results, use The Art of Shaving Brush made of badger hair. It helps generate a warm and rich lather, and softens and lifts the beard from the face.
3 Shave- With a good handle & proper technique
• Always shave with the grain first, i.e. in the direction the hair grows. Shaving against the grain first can cause ingrown hairs and razor burn. For an even closer shave, re-lather and shave lightly across or against the grain.
• Check to see whether the hair on your neck grows in the same direction as the hairs on your face. If it doesn’t, make sure you adjust accordingly to shave with the grain.
• Use The Art of Shaving Razor which provides proper weight, balance and comfort for better control.
4 Moisturize- To sooth, refresh & regenerate the skin
• After shaving, apply The Art of Shaving alcohol-free, moisturizing After -Shave Balm to soothe, refresh and regenerate the skin. To heal ingrown hairs faster, moisturize the affected area with Ingrown Hair Night Cream at bedtime.