Braun is an exceptional brand that offers some of the best shavers in the market, and its shavers are accompanied by many convenient accessories, one of which is the “cleaning station”.
Cleaning your electric razor after you shave is extremely important. It ensures that your razor will not accumulate dead skin cells, hair,or shaving products,… that, in turn, can clog it. A clogged razor can invite bacteria, which causes infection, and become dull, making it more difficult to shave and increasing the chance of razor burns.
But cleaning can be a tedious chore. So having something like a Braun cleaning station is amazing. It does all the dirty work for you! But you may wonder, how often do you use the Braun cleaning station? We will give you the answer in this article. Read on!
How Often Do You Use the Braun Cleaning Station?
You would use the Braun cleaning station after every time you shave. So, the frequency depends on your shaving needs. It can be daily, a few times a day, or every 3 to 4 days.
- People who shave each day would use the Braun cleaning station daily.
- Those who are particularly high maintenance or strive to maintain a hairless look would use the station as many times as they shave each day.
- People who do not shave often and are low maintenance may not use the station for several days. They may return to it every 3 to 4 days, for instance.
How Long Does a Braun Cleaning Station Cartridge Last?
A Braun cleaning station cartridge lasts for around 30 cleaning cycles. If you use it daily, then you would need to replace it after about 30 days.
Still, specifically how long before you must replace the cartridge depends on how often you feel the need to clean the razor with it.
For instance, if you feel like you do not have to use the cleaning station after every time you shave because you can just alternate between cleaning your razor with the station and cleaning it manually by rinsing it under running water, then you can have more time before you run out of your max 30 cleaning cycles.
It also depends on how well you take care of it, as its components are alcohol-based and can evaporate. If you do not cover it correctly, for example, it will evaporate and you will run out of it more quickly.
When Do You Need to Replace the Braun Cleaning Station Cartridge?
You would need to replace the cartridge of the Braun cleaning station when it is out of its cleaning solution, which is usually after 30 cleaning cycles.
So, for example, if you use it daily, replacement needs to happen after about 4 weeks. If you space out your cleaning needs, it can last longer than that.
In the Series 9 Braun cleaning station, there is a level indicator that can notify you when the cleaning solution is almost out and when the cartridge needs to be replaced.
The level indicator will light up red when there are about 3 more cycles, and it will blink red when replacement is necessary.
But Braun does recommend that users repost the cartridge after 2 weeks, regardless of whether the solution has run out, for assured optimal hygiene.
How To Make Braun Cleaning Station Refills Last Longer?
Tip 1: Cap the Cartridge After Each Cleaning Session
Instead of leaving the cartridge in the station once you are finished with the cleaning cycle, you should take it out and put the cap back on it.
This is because the cleaning solution is alcohol-based rather than detergent-based (like most of its counterparts in the market), which can evaporate faster.
If you cap the cartridge after a cleaning cycle, you can make sure that the solution will not dissipate quickly.
All you need to do is:
- Press the lift button at the rear side of the station to open the housing.
- Wait for a few seconds to avoid any dripping.
- Slide the cartridge from the base of the station and out from the rear side.
- Hold the cartridge down on a flat, stable surface.
- Put the cap of the cartridge back on tightly.
- Push the housing down until it locks to close it.
Note that the cleaning cycle involved many steps. Depending on your model, there may be a drying step that takes about 40 minutes. Make sure that you wait until all the steps are completed before you remove the cartridge and cap it.
Tip 2: Get Rid of As Much Hair Clippings As Possible Beforehand
Even though the Braun cleaning station is made to do the dirty work for you, you can make it easier for it to get the job done by manually getting rid of hair clippings from the cassette (the merged foils and blades). This, in turn, will allow you to get more cleaning cycles out of a cartridge.
This is how you do it:
- Press the release buttons on the top rear sides to take the cassette out.
- Gently tap the plastic frame of the cassette on the edge of a countertop or sink. The foils can be damaged easily, so make sure you do not hit them.
- Observe if hair clippings fall out. If this does not happen or if you still notice hair lodged in it, use the included brush to clean the inner area of the pivoting head. If you have a can of compressed air, you can use it to blow the hair clippings out, as well.
Tip 3: Space the Cleaning Sessions Out With Manual Cleaning in Between
You can manually clean your shaver to reduce the need of cleaning it with the station.
You can clean it under hot running water with the following steps:
- Switch the (cordless) shaver on.
- Rinse the shaver head under warm running water to remove all the residues.
If you want a more thorough clean:
- Choose a standard liquid soap without abrasive substances.
- Use it to rinse the shaver.
- Let the shaver run for a few seconds.
When you are done:
- Switch the shaver off.
- Press the release buttons on the two sides of the shaver head.
- Remove the cassette.
- Let the shaver and removed cassette dry completely.
Note: You can apply a drop of light machine oil to the top of the cassette once a week.
- Tap the plastic frame or the cassette against a flat surface.
- Clean the inner area of the pivoting head with the included brush.
As you have read in this article on “How often do you use the Braun cleaning station?” it is up to whether you are high or low maintenance.
The cartridge of the cleaning station will give you about 30 cleaning cycles. There are certain tips you can follow to get more cleaning cycles out of the cartridge, but in any case, it is recommended that you replace it after 2 weeks for optimal hygiene.
Hopefully, you have got the answer you have been looking for. Feel free to bookmark our article for future reference. Leave any thoughts or questions in the comments and share this with other readers!
- How Often Do You Use the Braun Cleaning Station?
- How Long Does a Braun Cleaning Station Cartridge Last?
- When Do You Need to Replace the Braun Cleaning Station Cartridge?
- How To Make Braun Cleaning Station Refills Last Longer?